If I ran a business, in my crazy way of thinking, I would want my government to pay for universal healthcare.
Why, you may ask?
Easy…. Maybe my taxes would go up, but my business cost in all probability would be reduced.
That’s crazy thinking. As a business owner, you presently don’t have to pay for healthcare.
Ah, but I say to myself, if I don’t have health insurance for my employees, how am I going to retain them?
Is it good for the employee?
Maybe…..It depends on how the government runs or misses running the program.
Should the government subcontract the program to various private vendors? After all, competition usually makes for better programming.
The question then isn’t whether the purpose of business is to make as much money as possible.
Ah, but doesn’t competition force the price to go down and the service to be better?
Answer ….Maybe, ….Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t.
If you listen to the pundits on American television, America has a much better healthcare system than the European socialist healthcare systems, even though the socialist Europeans tend to live longer.
************************************************************************************
It may be bad for businesses because some employees stay at a firm because of the fringe benefits of health insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment